The British In the land of the Zulu 1879
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most active topic starters
Admin
MAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, I_vote_lcapMAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, I_voting_barMAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, I_vote_rcap 
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Cetshwayo kaMpande
Lt James Henry Scott Douglas
LINKS TO SISTER FORUMS
Rorke’s Drift defender Thomas Dawe.Rededication Wellington Somerset

MAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

MAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, Empty
PostSubject: MAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON,   MAJOR-GENERAL SIR F. CARRINGTON, I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 pm

"Founder of the famous regiment of " Carrington's Horse," was born in 1844. After a course of education at Cheltenham College he entered the Army in 1864. Whilst Commanding the Light Horse he showed great ability during the Transkei War of 1877-78. Since then he has been repeatedly fighting in South Africa. The regiment of horse, already referred to, accomplished excellent work against the native chief Sekukim, in the Transvaal, 1878-9. In the Zulu War, the Boer War of 1881, Matabele War, 1893, and the Rhodesian
Rebellion, General Carrington ably fulfilled his responsible appointments, at the same time gaining great knowledge of the country and the fighting methods of the natives which must now prove of great service to him. He received the command of Belfast District last year.

First receiving an appointment on the lines of communi- cation, he was immediately afterwards given the command of
5,000 Cavalry (including an Australian contingent numbering 2,500), and landing at Beira, carried on operations in Rhodesia."

Source: thenhistory
Back to top Go down
https://1879.rpg-board.net

Page 1 of 1